Shabbat Midrash (Teaching) Outlines

Home

September 23, 2005

 

Rosh Hashanah - Yom Teruah
(Feast of Trumpets)

The Day of The Blowing of The Trumpets (Shofars)

Customs

The Shofar

1) Tekiah - 1 long simple note, like an alarm

2) Shevarim - 3 medium blasts

3) Teruah - at least 9 short blasts

4) Tekiah Gedolah - a single blast that lasts until the blower runs out of breath

Significance

From Beginning to End

Our Response

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
For more on "Rosh Hashanah" click here




<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?